Motivation Monday: Recovering After Holidays & Events


(pictures from Easter)

 1. Keeping your planner up to date

This is one of the most important, in my opinion, because you can easily keep track of what you have going on. It's easy to overbook yourself or to forget something that you may have going on. By keeping a planner and keeping it as accurate as possible, this allows you to plan your days, and weeks while preventing having to change or cancel plans. 

2. Cleaning your environment/space

This point is extremely important for me personally. I get distracted easily and if I try to force myself to work and complete important tasks in an environment that needs attention or I believe needs to be cleaned or organized, I will not be able to get my mind off of it and at some point, I will interrupt myself to clean. To avoid this, I simply make sure I keep my space clean, especially after a holiday or a break from "real life". 

3. Plan your meals

Personally, I enjoy cooking and eating homemade meals so this is important to me. I prefer to know ahead of time what I'm making for meals such as lunch and dinner, and this is simply to avoid me having to rush and scramble around to figure something out. I typically will plan meals a week at a time. By doing this, I can make sure I have everything I need and I don't have to worry about trying to figure it out after working a long work shift. 

4. Don't overbook yourself

This is important; however, extra important when you've had time off or are trying to get back into your routine after the holidays. It's important to allow yourself ease and grace when things return to normal and I think downtime is important to help the transition. 

5. Be easy and kind to yourself

It can sometimes be very difficult to jump back into a routine or the swing of life after any amount of downtime and the holidays. I think it's very important to remind yourself that you're only human and it's okay to take your time, and allow yourself to take it easy. 

6. Work out & stick to a nourishing diet 

I know this may seem slightly obvious to some; however, this is something I believe is very beneficial because this will allow you to support your goals and allow your body to become familiar with your typical routine and recover from eating things you may not eat regularly and a possible break from exercising as well. 

Comments

Popular Posts