Easter Dinner

I can't believe we are already in April and that Easter is in just a few short weeks. This year is really flying by. So, I previously shared my Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinner menu so I wanted to share my Easter dinner menu! I'm trying a few new recipes and I'm really excited for it! 

To begin, here are my top tips for a successful and minimally stressful holiday meal! 

  • Maintain your guest list and track the number of people attending. This is essential because this directly affects the amount of food and supplies such as plates and silverware that are needed. 
  • The next tip is related to the previous and is to make plenty of food. By this, essentially, I mean to make enough for the guest list but make sure you have extras for those who don't RSVP or were unsure if they'd show up. Remember, it's better to have leftovers than to not have enough food. 
  • Use throw-away utensils and paper plates. This is important when hosting because hosting and cooking is enough, so you don't want to have to worry about washing everyone's dish on top of washing the dishes you may already have from the entrĂ©e, sides, or desserts.
  • Keep take home containers out and ready. This is another important tip because this will allow those who want anything to take it off of your hands. Again, hosting and cooking alone can be a lot, but then to have to worry about where you're going to store all the leftovers can be overwhelming. Plus, most people love holiday leftovers anyways! 
  • Have options. I think this is important for anyone, but maybe more-so important for those who have family members who can be or tend to be picky. I like to make multiple sides and desserts to ensure there is enough options for everyone to choose from, especially if someone doesn't like one or two options. 
  • My last tip is to utilize your resources. By this, I mean if you have a few things you make from scratch or use a family recipe, use something store bought products for another side or dessert. This will save you time and energy, and will also allow you more time to focus on the rest of the food and preparation. 

The Menu

As I've mentioned previously, I always have some staples that I serve at holidays; however, I always like to mix with some additional extras or different sides!

This years Easter menu is as follows:

Drinks
I always like to have a variety of both alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. Since Easter is a more lowkey dinner in my family, I'll have non alcoholic drinks such as water (of course!), and a variety of some soda. As far as alcoholic beverages go, I most likely will not make a "signature cocktail" for this meal; however, I'll get some seltzers and wine to offer options! 

Appetizers
This is a category that I usually don't get too crazy with. My current plan for the appetizers is duplicating this bunny veggie tray and including deviled eggs and a fruit cross board. 




Dinner
This year's menu includes:
  • Ham (cooked with pineapples)
  • Honey brown sugar carrots (recipe below)
  • Bacon green beans (recipe below)
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Stuffing 
  • Gravy 
  • Rolls 
  • Mac & cheese 

The Honey Brown Sugar Carrots recipe (Crockpot):

What you need:
Baby carrots (I purchase the pre cut/bagged but you can cut fresh)
Stick of butter
Brown Sugar (about 1/4 cup)
Honey (about 4 tablespoons) 

Directions:
(This recipe is so simple!)
*you can place about 1/2 cup of water on the bottom of the crockpot is desired*
1. Place all of the carrot at the bottom of the crockpot
2. Cut up the stick of butter and evenly distribute cuts across the carrots
3. Top with brown sugar and drizzle with honey 
4. Cook on high for about 4 hours, stir after about 1 1/2 hours 


The Bacon Green Beans recipe:

What you need:
1 bag of fresh green beans
Bacon
Brown sugar

Directions: 
1. Preheat the oven to 350
2. Boil the green beans about 10 minutes
3. Cook the bacon on the stove top (if preferred); however, keep slightly under cooked
4. Wrap 1 green bean with 1 piece of bacon
5. Roll or sprinkle with brown sugar
6. Bake for approximately 15-10 minutes or until the bacon has cooked through


The last item under the dinner portion is my homemade mac & cheese. Every year, this is a hit. Below I'm including my recipe! (For reference, this is what the Velveeta cheese I use looks like). 


In the recipe, I included the cheese topping process.. I would recommend only splitting this if you have someone that doesn't like too much cheese. Otherwise, this makes the Mac & Cheese so much better! :)

Desserts
The desserts at the holiday dinners usually differ; however, I have signature recipes I always like to include. 

This year I'm planning on making my peanut butter pie (recipe below) and chocolate M&M pretzels! 




As far as the Peanut Butter Pie, this is my recipe:
For the crust, I will buy chocolate graham cracker crust (if it's in stock), or the usual graham if not!

What you need:
1 pie crust
8 oz cream cheese
3/4 cup powered sugar 
(Separately) 2 tablespoons powdered sugar 
1 cup heavy whipping cream 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
1 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter 

Directions: 
1. Beat the cream cheese in a large bowl, add in the 3/4 cup powered sugar and peanut butter gradually until the mixture is fluffy
2. Separately, whisk the heavy whipping cream and once thick, add in the remaining 2 tablespoons powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix 
3. Mix together the heavy whipping cream with the peanut butter mixture 
4. Pour into the pie crust and store in the fridge for at least 6 hours 

*You can also drizzle melted peanut butter, chocolate, and add whipped cream to the top as well! :)

Comments

Popular Posts