Meal Prep

Usually I cook throughout the week and we have tons of leftovers and therefore,  I don't always meal prep.. especially if I know I'm making meals during the week that leave us with plenty of leftovers to keep us satisfied the days following meals! There are so many different options and meals you could prep and utilize! This week I included a pescatarian option, as well as standard diet. 


I prepped salmon, veggies, and rice for myself and for my boyfriend I prepped 'fajita chicken' with rice and a pepper and onion mix. I use these containers and love them! They're much better than plastic in many ways such as they don't stain, they're easier to clean, and there isn't any toxic chemicals that can leak into your food when you reheat your meals!


Fajita Chicken Prep

What you need:
Chicken
Yellow rice (or your rice preference)
Salsa 
Peppers
Onion

Depending on your diet and calorie intake (if you're watching that), you can measure out what you'll need for each meal. I season the chicken with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic salt, and chili powder and usually bake it for approximately 20 mins (thin breast), or 35 mins (thicker breasts). Once everything is cooked, I cut the chicken into slices and make the meals. I usually mix everything all together when I reheat and eat them!



Salmon Meal Prep

What you need:
Salmon
Jasmine rice (or your rice preference)
Mixed vegetables (I buy the bag of frozen mixed vegetables)

Again, if you're watching or restricting calories in any way, you can divide the meals according to your diet plan. I typically season the salmon with salt, pepper, and garlic salt. I pour lemon juice on and around the salmon and bake for approximately 20 minutes on 400 degrees. This is another meal that I usually will mix all together and eat together once I reheat it!

Thanks for reading! Let us know in the comments what you like for meal prep!

Follow me on Instagram: @shelbykirkmann for more recipes!

Comments

Popular Posts